- 175g Moir’s Ginger biscuits
- 60g butter or margarine, melted
- 20cm Hulamin pie dish
Crush the ginger biscuits and mix with butter.
Line the Hulamin pie dish with the mixture.
- 250ml golden syrup
- 500ml boiling water
- 20ml Moir’s Ginger Preserve, finely chopped
- 80ml Moir’s Custard Powder
- 1ml salt
- 2ml ground ginger
- 2,5ml Moir’s Vanilla Essence
- 2,5ml lemon juice
- Whipped cream and Moir’s Glacé Cherries, to decorate
Boil the water, add syrup and salt. Bring to the boil. Prepare custard powder with some cold water and mix in to thicken. Remove from stove and add ginger preserve, ground ginger, lemon juice and, lastly, the vanilla essence. Fill pie crust with the mixture and allow to cool. Decorate with whipped cream and glacé cherries.